Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why am I here?

Over the last week, my mom has been raving continuously about her new blog. She found inspiration in the movie Julie & Julia, before then finding the book.
Over the past few days, she kept asking me (quite seriously) to make a blog.
"Mom, I already have a myspace, I think that's good enough," I argued, before then realizing that myspace is a tool used mainly by horny teenaged boys to "ask out" girls, and for horny teenaged girls to show themselves however they so choose. The population of competent, literate people, who actually feel the need to read a blog is a very small one on myspace. So, I decided to create a blogger acount, and voila! here I am.
I was backseat surfing Blogger last night, over my mother's shoulder, and noticed that most blogs on this site have a set theme, or way of writing, or topic it sticks to. I refuse to do that. Life is a random thing, and I do not intend to write three stanza poems on my views of the night sky on a daily basis.
Instead, I plan for this blog to be a concoction of the best goddamned literary stew you ever have devoured with your brain cells. I'll throw in some poems from time to time, short stories that may, or may not pertain to my regular life, rants, insights to my thought process, and maybe even a sentence on my views of World War II.

1 comment:

  1. What exactly are your views on WWII? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete